Friday, June 11, 2010

Lexi's Birthday, Tris, Races, and more

Last week was Alexandria's 6th birthday!  She was a little mad at me because she had to go to school on it, but otherwise she had fun.  We celebrated her birthday with friends at the pool and then on her real birthday we went to Red Robin for her.   Here are some pics......

Blowing out her candle

She wanted an ALL pink GIGANTIC cupcake!



Happy to have her friends around

This is the morning of her party.  She wanted to open her presents as soon as she woke up


This was her outfit she wore to school on her birthday, her BFF Eliana gave it to her and she told me she feels like she is 16 in it :)

An outfit from Poppa and Grammy and a "poppa's candy"

Makenna hasn't learned how to eat properly yet :)

ken getting ready to dive in

Lexi happy to be in the water
Ben has no fear.  He jumps right in!

Ben and his BFF Isaiah

The girls having a diving contest!

Lexi's BFF Eliana
Ben LOVES to look underwater.  He normally wears his sisters pink goggles, so Steve made me go out and get him some "duke blue" ones
The kids at the party waiting for their cake!



A couple weeks before that I raced in a my first triathlon of the season.  I won my division and came in 10th overall.  I was pretty excited for that.  I love doing my triathlons.  I had some great friends and my family come cheer me on in the POURING down rain.

 Here I am swimming


Biking
 

I am in the transition area here, getting ready to bike
On my run above and the picture below I love.  You can barely see me, that is how hard it was raining!


The family and Hannah out watching us!

Audrey, Jill, and I after the tri!



Lexi made me a poster for my tri all be herself, it said " You can do it mom! go mom go! you got it! zoom!"  SO SWEET!


Steven and I also participated in the AJ5k last weekend.  He won 1st in his age division.  I got 2nd in mine and 3rd overall for females. We did this run to help honor Flip.  AJ was a firefighter who also died in an accident a year before Flip and his wife is a good friend of Jill's (Flip's wife).  So this race meant a lot to us.

In front of AJ's firehouse

Jill, Me, Cyndy, and Lindsay getting ready before the race

Steve getting his award for being 1st in the male 30-39 division


Above is me getting my award for 3rd female overall.
Below is Me, Steve, and Cyndy showing off all of our awards!



This is "Flip's Crew"




We have been busy busy so sorry for not updating as regularly.  I have a Race for the Cure tomorrow, then we are camping the next weekend, and the girls are getting ready to finish up school at the end of this month.  (They get a week off and then off to 3rd and 1st grade!!!)  So I will have lots to post!
Here are some random pics I just loved....

This is Ben one morning taking a walk with his dad.  Yep, shorts that were made by Grammy for him when he wasn't even 2 but refuses to let me give them away, and a Buzz Light Year get up.  You should see the smirks as Steve goes around the neighborhood!

Just a great picture of my girls

You know when you do biology in highschool and you do those charts that show if you have a brown eyed parent and a blue eyed parent you should only have one blue eyed child.  Well, we broke that rule.  I have two blue eyed babies and a green eyed child.  I just love Kenna and Ben's eyes in these pictures...



Makenna's favorite thing to do with Ellie.  She is fitting in so well with us.  She is so patient and loving! (Talking about the dog, the almost  8 year old is the opposite of patient but very loving!!) :)

Just silly


No comments: