Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's been awhile :)

First thing we did since I last posted was camping with the Fangman's!  We went up to West Virginia.  We absolutely loved it and the kids really want to go again.  Kathy has 3 kids of her own, so the 6 kids just entertained themselves- it was heaven for parents!
                          Here they all are Ben (3), Amy (2), Gus (4), Dean (5- at the time), Lexi (6), and Makenna (7)

Lexi and Amy

We had a tent, the Fangman's had an RV with air conditioner- Ben thought it was much better to take naps there :)

There was a creek right behind our campsite and the kids would be in it as soon as we let them

Matt taught them how to build a dam. They did a really good job at it!


KenBen as we like to call her


Next up was my triathlon.  It was 94 and HOT that day, but I beat my time from last year by 10 minutes!!  I finished first in my division and 7th overall.  
My new road bike all ready to raced
Here is the amazing group of women I did the tri with.  We honored Flip for our triathlon.  Jill, his wife, had shirts made that said "We "tri" for Flip"  It was amazing to see her out there doing this tri!!

Here we all are at the finish


Me, Kenna, and Benny after the race (Lexi was not available that day to watch me, she had her very 1st sleepover she did NOT want to miss!!)
Steve's favorite picture of himself these days!  He says he looks JACKED!


Here is Lexi with her teacher Ms. Tillery on the last day of kindergarten.  They don't allow graduation here :( but they had a poetry celebration.  I must say I LOVED Lexi's poem.  Everyone else talked about dogs, Wii, motorcycles, but Lexi wrote one about how much she loves her family.  Talk about way to make Mommy cry!!

Here is her class

I am so proud of her, making it through this year was rough for her.  She is not one for being made to do work, or having to get dressed everyday.  But she did it!


Well 8 days after the last day of school, my girls had their 1st day of school (year around schools :)   Here is Makenna ready for 3rd grade!!!




Lexi ready for 1st grade.



Both ready to go!

They needed Ellie in on the action!
Just have to show you Kenna's bag.  She LOVES horses and I found this awesome brand that sales everything horses!  The girls informed me backpacks were not the coolest thing, and they needed messenger bags.


My girls took my camera and decided to do a photo shoot with Ellie. I didn't even know they did this until I uploaded all the pics off of my camera.  Ellie is so patient with them, there are about 20 pictures with them making the poor puppy pose....




We went to Grammy and Popa's last weekend.  Here is Lexi having fun on the slip and slide

Popa got some fireworks for them.  Uncle Travis lit a bunch then helped everyone do sparklers.


Benny has been one awesome child lately.  He has been dragged to school, to the Y, well to everything and doesn't complain.  I decided to let him have "Mommy/Benny Day" and he could pick what he wanted to do.  He chose swimming at the Y pool and making cupcakes.  I think he only wanted to make cupcakes so he could do this.....
Ben also has chores around the house.  He has to take the garbage out every week with Daddy.  He gets paid $1 to do that and then he saves his money for toys.  He just got an Iron Man helmet, so if you come to my house now this is what you would see....


or if the helmet is off he likes to walk around like this.....

Lexi got invited to a horse party this week.  Here she is all decked out with the party favors..

Riding her first horse (Makenna is SOOO mad she didn't get invited)

Oh- Iron Man drives around our neighborhood too!!!
Next week the kids and I are headed out for a 2 week road trip.  We can't wait! Ohio, PA, and NY here we come!!

No comments: