Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Triathlete!!

Makenna finished her first ever triathlon today. She swam 50yds, bike 2 miles, and ran .5 miles in 25:19. She was exhausted, but after thinking about it loved it and wants to do another one. I am so proud of her. I (once again) cried as I saw her enter the water and go! Here are some pictures of her big day!! (Yes there are a lot but I am sooooo proud!!)
Here she is getting ready for her big race- #84

She chose to buy an athletic skirt for the event- which cracks me up because she had a Pirates of the Caribbean helmet! :)
Her area-
This was one of the highlights of her day (probably because she is not allowed to write on herself). She does NOT want those numbers to wash off and she made sure her outfit after we got home didn't cover up any of her numbers!Makenna's friend Skylar. They are both in 2nd grade and her mom and I did the last triathlon together!

The sign I made for Makenna. She wanted a big one- so I did that and added glitter!!
These are all the girls in just our neighborhood that did it together. Emma is 11, Hannah is 8, Skylar 7, and Makenna 6!
The gun went off and you could see her nerves. She was scared in that water but did it and was much more relaxed on the bike!
Her transition from the swim to the bike.
She is off on her bike.
This is her coming back from the 2 miles getting ready to get off her bike and go to the run!
There she goes. She took off!
She is the 4th one back here. It is right before the finish!
Just around the corner and she is done!
Every kid that finished received a finisher's medal. She LOVED that!! Look how tired she looks!
With her Daddy!
All the girls again!
Holding up their medals!
Here is Makenna showing everyone the tunnel she got to go through at the finish line!
Steve's proud Dad club! (These are our neighbors- Skylar's dad and Hannah's dad)

2 comments:

lisaqshay said...

Oh Makenna!!!!! Mrs. Shay is VERY proud of you. You were magnificent, truly a champion. Woot Hoot!!!!

Now that's a tri i would be willing to do. I THINK i could manage those events just fine. I suppose the age limit would get me, huh?

The Kulzer's said...

I think you look young enough to compete!!! Makenna says "Thank you!"