Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Back to School and 4th of July

Today was Lexi's first day of kindergarten! I just can't believe she is that big!! I would like to say "Yeah 2 down 1 to go!!!" but honestly, I am going to miss her. She is such a sweet, quiet one and Benjamin just doesn't know what to do with himself without any of his sisters around. She got up at 6:15 ran into my room and said, "I am going to kindergarten!!!!" She then ate and got dressed the fastest I have ever seen her move. She wouldn't let me pack her lunch or her backpack, I was told, "I am big enough!" I had to fight her to let me brush her hair. I guess going to kindergarten makes her feel really independent!! Here are some pictures.


I love this picture.

In front of her school
She got to ride the bus home and she didn't have to sit in the front with all the other kindergartners- the advantages of having an older sister to sit with :)

Makenna started 2nd grade yesterday. She LOVED it. We had to change year around tracks this year, because they canceled track 2 kindergarten for Lexi. So, instead of staying with her class she had to start over in a new class. She made new friends and loves her new teacher. She is very excited about about doing social studies this year and all the new books in her class.

Her choice of backpack this year fits Makenna to a tee- guitars and skulls but pink enough to be girly. I really believe she is a rebel at heart!!


What does Benny do when they are gone... (motorcycles and cars)



Here are just a couple of 4th of July pictures. We went with the Kissinger's to see the fireworks. Ben loved to see the fireworks and not hear them. The girls loved it all especially staying out past bedtime!



Flip is our neighborhood firefighter and one day coming home from the station brought us some warm krispy kremes and some hats. The kids loved it!


I also just recently finished my 2nd triathlon (with a 3rd scheduled in Sep).
The Beginning

Here I am at the end with a bunch of my friends who did the triathlon too! I did it in 1 hour 19 minutes- a lot better then I expected!!

No comments: