The cousins relaxing together..
We brought a slip and slide and the kids had a great time. Ben watched at first and figured out how it worked and then did it all by himself just like his sisters!

Relaxing after the slip and slide
Ben and Makenna playing baseball with Popa
Look at how serious he takes his batting practice
Swan Lake
Ben had NO fear of the (I think creepy) swans. If they wouldn't take the cracker from his hand he would hunt one down and shove the cracker in it's mouth and say, "Here birdy eat the cracker!"


Makenna wanted to learn how to sew. Her and Grammy picked out some fabric and a pattern and made a dress. She is saving to wear it when she gets back to 2nd grade so I can give you a picture of the final product later. She loved doing it and it made her so proud that she made it!
While we were in Charleston my parents took them to a lake for the day. The kids had lots of fun.

Steven and I took our 1st trip away. I have never (and remember Makenna will be 7 shortly) spent a night away from my kids. It was so nice to leave them and just spend time with my husband. We went to Charleston SC. If you haven't been there you NEED to go. It is beautiful there and there is so much to do and see. The history in the area is amazing!! Needless to say Steven and want to go back already!
Here is Bill- the horse that took us out on our carriage ride.
One of the several beautiful churches in the area. If you look closely the steeple is tilted. A huge earthquake in the mid 1800's shook it and tilted the steeple.
A gorgeous bridge crossing the river.
We took a boat ride to Ft. Sumter. It was about a 30 minute ride- Steven took the time too...
Here is Ft. Sumter and for those of you that don't know the fort is the place where the first shots were fired in the Civil War.
An old cannon shell that stuck into the wall
Sometimes I wish Steven's head was in that exact position when we are arguing :) (I do love him though!!
Steven comparing his "guns"

Me and Steven on the top of Ft. Sumter

This is a beautiful old church (built in 1806) that Steven wants us to belong to...
The name of above church :)
We went on a Ghost and Dungeon Tour. Here is the Dungeon in the light
Inside they showed you all of the dungeon. It would have been crazy dark in there and it was below sea level so when the tide was in the bottom of the dungeon would fill up with water. I would have hate to have been in there wet, in the dark, and see all the rats that must have been around.
The house I wanted Steven to buy me. He affectionately told me to get a about 10 jobs and then he would buy it for me :) He is always so romantic :)
The side view of the above house...
I told him I could settle for this one. He then told me I only needed about 9 jobs for this one.
This is Drayton Hall. A plantation built in the 1700's It is it the Georgian-Palladian style. It was amazing to see the differences. The back of the house is the Georgian style...

Here is the Palladian front of the house.
One of the things I found that was amazing was the slave stair case that they slaves had to use. It was narrow, windy, no hand rails, in the very center of the home but completely undetectable behind the closed doors.
We have so much more we want to see!!!
And before the girls tracked out for school Lexi got Student of the week for all of Kindergarten. She was so excited. She was really happy that she got to be on her school TV to show every (and even more excited that Makenna hasn't been on TV yet and she beat her to the punch!!) We were very proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment