Sunday, December 23, 2012

Recap of the last 4 months!

Well, my New Year's Resolution is to do better again at this!  I am sorry for being so far behind- I WILL DO BE BETTER!!!  So get ready for a lot of pictures while I catch you up with us :)


WAY BACK IN SEPTEMBER- Makenna turned 10!! I can't believe she is that old!! She asked for a soccer ball cookie cake!

Here is Benny playing soccer.  He did really well this year.  He was a scoring machine and he became good at passing.  He was really pleased with himself, and we were proud watching him out there!!



Back in SEPTEMBER we also took a trip to Disney World.  Steve had promised us one since the move.  It took him a couple of years but we got there!

After this picture Ben said, "Mom the Little Mermaid is pretty,but Belle is still my favorite!"

Still can't help  but have a messy face at 8!!

Mulan
 
Oh Belle!

Princess Aurora

In this picture the kids are super wet, it poured on us!!

 
Kenna's favorite!

Ready to start another day!!



Mike kept scooting over by Lexi and she kept backing up and backing up, she didn't know what to think :)
 
The CLAW
 
 
 
Disney Hollywood Studios

Yes Sir!
 Wouldn't it be nice sometimes just to pack them in a toy box??  Oh I do love them!
 Ben's favorite when he was 3!

Animal Kingdom
 All 3 kids went on Expedition Everest- Ben was terrified at first.  He liked it until the 3rd time when we were stuck on an uphill for a little while. He really wanted an ejector seat then!!
 Just loved this picture of my girls!!

Lexi excited to meet Cinderella and the Prince.  We had an awesome dinner at 1900 Park Fare.  We got to meet all the Cinderella Characters!




 Wicked Stepmother told them to give me attitude- only for the picture though!!
 Ben was always excited to go on the Avengers monorail
 The boat from our cabins to the Magic Kingdom!
 
LOVE these next two pictures.  This is Ben learning he has to ride alone on Space Mountain.  He was scared to death!!!!
 Lexi telling him he won't die!  He ended up LOVING Space Mountain and he probably went on it about 10 times!!




 My GOOFBALLS!
 
 Time to get made over into a Knight and a Princess!!

 She thought it was cool how they made that piece of hair stick straight up!!



THE FAMILY
 
 Yep- I dorked it up and made the family matching shirts!!
 
Ready for the "Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!"


Halloween lights of the castle
Since it was close to Kenna's birthday- she got a candle and a cupcake at one of our meals!
 

 Much to Kenna's dismay, Lexi got picked to learn how to be a pirate!! She did a good job in her fight seen!

 
 

 Kenna got made over into a pirate- I love her hair here!!!



 Lexi got to meet Merida from Brave and shoot a bow and arrow!

 Oh no- a shark go Lexi!!
 
Don't worry Jedi Ben and Makenna will save her :)

 
Oh the Tower of Terror- how do I love thee!!  You terrified my children so delightfully, yet they would keep coming on for more.  I really did think Ben was going to find a way out of the elevator the first time!!

I stayed dry while Daddy got wet with them :)

One of their favorite thing was the golf cart to and from the cabins.  I think they could have done that all week and been completely happy!
 I want one of these made for my house for children who can't seem to follow the rules :)
 
Back to the real world, Kenna's team was runner ups in a tournament- love the pose!!
 Lexi had a 3rd grade ho-down.  She had to square dance with boys, she was quite sure about it!  I loved it! (sorry took the pictures with my phone and she was far away!!)


Kenna's team got invited to go watch an UGA Girls soccer game.  She LOVED it.  Here is her and her friend Addison admiring how nice the grass was cut!!

 Here is her team and gold team on the field with their coach at half time.

They got a backstage tour of the locker rooms!
 Some of Kenna's best friends- Addison and Lily!!
 TRICK OR TREAT
 Hawkeye
 
Sassy Pirate
 Deathly Zombie Princess (poor Little Mermaid!)
 


Lexi and her best friends Makena and Kayla 
 Kenna and Addison

 The 5th grade dance.  Wow- it makes me cry watching her grow so fast!!  
 Caroline and Kenna
 Lexi and Kenna

Kenna had her first out of state tournament.  It was such a fun weekend!!! Here are the girls eating in the hotel

 
I hardly ever put my pictures up but here is Kenna and I ready for another game!
 
Our team and the gold team
 
Go Kenna!
 Runner's up in one hard fought Championship game

For the week of Thanksgiving we went up to Rochester to visit the Kulzer family.  Lexi was learning about Susan B Anthony and asked Nana if we could go see her house.  We learned a lot there!

 Drinking tea with Ms Anthony

 Kenna enjoyed cooking while at Nana and Grandpa's house.   She fixed a little of everything!
 Lexi and Ben hid from anything that might be considered work!
 Day before preparations!!
 We ran a race the morning of Thanksgiving.  Makenna decided to run the bigger race which was a little longer than your normal 5k- it was a 3.4.  I was super proud of her she finished it in 29:25, 88th place out of 388 runners!! That is awesome for a 10 year old!!
 Lexi ran the mile!! She came in 4th!! I loved seeing her try to track down all the older boys :)  She pushed herself so hard and was able to beat most of them :)
 Here is Ben running the mile! He ran the whole thing and never stopped! He can be a tough little guy sometimes!
 Their medals :)
 We got to see my brother, Al and Andrew while we were there.  I always miss my family so much so it was so great too see them!!

 Making Christmas Cookies!!
 Nana took us girls to go see the Nutcracker Ballet  being performed!  The girls loved it!

 It snowed the last day there and Lexi got to make a tiny snowman and Ben got to hit everyone with snowballs!!
 
 


The day after we got home we got the tree up and decorated!!

 Eddy the Elf came back to watch over the kids!
 
The 5th grade field trip was to the Consolidated Gold Mine- which was really deep caves.  Here is the man explaining how they would blow the rock up with dynamite!

 
Panning for gold
 
 Some of her classmates and Kenna holding the gold they found!


Well We Wish all of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!

No comments: