Thursday, July 19, 2012

3 weeks of Family.....


Well we went on a 3 week trip to see all the family and friends.  It was absolutely wonderful!! I tried to narrow down the pictures, but it is just so hard for me!!  I loved being able to see everyone, but sometimes it makes it more lonely when you get back!!

Before we left, Lexi ran The Five Alarm 5k with Steve.  She finished 2nd in her age group (10 and under) with a time of 29:52.  We are so proud of her.  She loves training with her daddy!!

Here they are before the race

The final stretch

Steve telling her to sprint but she firmly shook her head "no."  She ran as hard as she could!!
Getting her medal

So happy!!

Our first stop was Chicago!! I went up to see my best friend and her kids.  We had so much fun!  The kids have all known each other since they were very young and it is neat to see how they grow and change!! 

Here they are on their boat! My kids decided we need a boat after their day on the lake!!

The girls tubing (Benny went tubing too but I can't find my pictures of that??) They had so much fun!! They all liked to go fast and wavy!!

This we dubbed "doing the Benny."  Every time we got out to swim, Ben would relax!

Kathy taught me how to wake board!! The first day I was awful but I couldn't give up because Kathy would never let me hear the end of it, so I got up the next day!! :) 


Makenna and Lexi both tried it too!! They got up quicker than I did!

Gus and Ben entertaining themselves on the boat!


Also while we were there, Makenna ran her first 5k!

She placed 2nd also (in 14 and under) with a time of 28:10!!


I ran with her and surprisingly I got 2nd too!! Kathy got the gold medal in her age division! So it was a good run for all us!


Here are our 6 kids!! It is so fun to see this picture because they are all getting so big!

Ben and Gus

Amy and Lexi

Next stop was Erie, PA to see most of my family!!
Here is Kenna meeting Eric for the first time!!

Lexi, meeting Andrew for the first time (yep lots of babies right now :)

The girls really enjoyed having babies around.  They helped feed them, change diapers, and hold them.  Ben, on the other hand, had not much to do with them!

Here is our motley crew!! I even got to see my Grandparents while I was out there, which was nice since I haven't seen them in awhile!!

The cousins (minus 2).  It was fun trying to get all them to look!!

Happy Grandparents <3

Tammi, my Mom, Todd, My Dad, Me,
Ben, Makenna, Andrew, Luke, Lexi, Eric, and Ryan

Popa took us to the horse races at the casino.  Popa bet one time and won a little money!!

Kenna in heaven with Popa and horses :)

Here is our crew walking to the world's LONGEST 4th of July parade.  Ryan called the girls princesses  the whole week.  The girls lived that up!!

Eric waiting for the parade

This is what happened when they threw candy!

That night we got to see the Erie fireworks at the beach


Here they are getting ready for the zoo


I LOVE Ryan in this picture... I think that was the only time I saw him sad!

Makenna got a bird to perch on her while it ate nectar.

The birds LOVED Popa

Ben the penguin, and Lexi the drama queen mad because she didn't get to do it first


Eric and Tammi
 Ryan and Lexi swimming in the beach
 Popa teaching my kids to light fire crackers and throw them

 Ben happy he was brave enough to let Popa light the firework and then throw it by himself!!
 We were catching fireflies, and sometimes Ryan would catch them a little too hard.  Here he is checking to see if it was still walking.

Lexi with her cup full of fireflies


Me my mom and my sister


Next stop was Buffalo NY to see my little brother.  Here he is with Ben playing soccer
 Andrew dunking already
 Making sure Ben learns basketball
 Next stop Rochester NY, with a birthday party for Grandpa
 I made him a cake :)
 The kids flying airplanes by their pond
 Uncle Brian, Grandpa, and Uncle Michael would take them fishing
 We got to go up to Canada to see Niagara Falls.  The kids LOVED it.  We went on the Maid of the Mist and got wet!!

 The British :)
 The Smurfs :)
 A little wet
 After the falls, we went to Marine Land!! They kids went on all the rides and LOVED seeing the animals! We got to see them feed the Beluga Whales, a marine show, and Lexi and Kenna were finally tall enough for the their first upside down roller coaster!!


 Ben, a little tired
 Ben wasn't tall enough to go on the big roller coaster, so Nana took him on this one.  He really enjoys going fast!
 Steve finally came, and here he is with his parents on Lake Ontario!!

Look at the colors in the sunset!!
Here is Lexi Loo and Steven at the Rehearsal for Steven's little Brother Brian's wedding!

And the new Aunt-to be Maggie

Here is Aunt Francesca and Kenna watching the events

Nana took us to get our hair done, here is Lexi's final look :)

Lexi and Makenna in the back of the limo!! Lexi said, "I feel so RICH in a limo!!"

My babies looking wedding spectacular!

Lexi and Uncle Michael rocking it out in the limo

In just my opinion, the world's most handsome ring bearer

Maggie and Brian
 They are man and wife!!! Yeah!! Welcome to the family Aunt Maggie!!
 Here is Ben pulling a charm from the wedding cake that Aunt Maggie's mom had made!

And we drove 15 hours back home the day after the wedding to get Kenna to soccer camp (honestly, Steve had some important work to do)

My  soccer girl!!

No comments: