Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving at Popa and Grammy's and the Christmas Tree

We went down to my parents house and had fun again!  Makenna was quite the chef of our Thanksgiving meal.  She made the rolls and the fruit salad.   She also helped peel apples and make fudge!  That was too much work for Lexi- she just helped with the apples and of course the fudge.  Benny just would sneak some bites of things when he could.  We also helped decorate their Christmas tree and we went to their "Light up the Zoo" in Columbia.

The kids LOVED peeling and eating the apples for pie..





 
Makenna making her bread
 
 
 
The finished product.  They were YUMMY!!
 
Here they are making fudge.  Of course Uncle Travis is harassing Popa!!
 
This is Popa opening what Lexi calls "operated milk"
 
 
  Everyone enjoying the bowl!

Here are the kids decorating my parents tree.  I love this picture of Ben.  He is true to form here.  He HATES pants!  As soon as we get in the door from anywhere he sits on the doorstep and takes them off.  So to him, why not decorate a tree without pants!

The kids got to see Santa at the zoo so they could tell him what they want!





There was a baby Koala there.  It was realy neat to see!
 
Here we all are
 
They had bubbles snow there for the kids!
 
Kenna LOVED petting the pony!
 
Lexi milking the cow
 
Ben wanted his picture here for some reason
 
They got to roast marshmellows at the zoo too!
 
 
It is us again!
 
The kids and their Popa and Grammy
 


We finally got our tree last night.  The kids really enjoyed decorating it and rediscovering our ornaments.
 

We don't need to watch the Grinch this year.  We have our own personal one at home!!



Yes, those are Duke candy canes for our tree!!
 
\

Lexi got to put the star up!!
 
Our tree
 
 
 

Makenna wanted everyone to know that she got Student of the Month for 2nd Grade 2 weeks ago.  She cracked me up because she  made me do her hair all up and she wore a dress because she was going to be on "TV" (the school's internal TV morning show).  She also wanted everyone to know that she will be starting basketball next week.  Lexi started cheerleading this week.  She seemed to like it, but I think she was a little overwhelmed.  It was also funny because when we went to tell Lexi's coach  that we were here, the coach asked both girls if they were ready to cheer, and Makenna swiftly replied, "I don't cheer.  I play basketball.  It is just her." (as she pointed to her sister).  She also gave the lady a look of, "Do you really think I would even like cheering????"  It is amazing how different those two girls are.

2 comments:

Sara said...

LOVE the pictures. So cute. I absolutely love Makenna's comment on the cheerleading. I'm totally with her. lol And, the tree looks great....except the duke ornaments. I'd be happy to get you some new ones if you need me to.

The Kulzer's said...

I don't think i want ornaments that you would want :) :) We could grab some more for you!!