Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Well we have been doing little things here and there lately. Last week, Makenna had field day. Lexi, Ben, and I got to help. Makenna is fun to watch because she is so competitive (like
me)! Lexi got to do some of the events and Ben was so happy to just get a stamp on his hand (he also got the lady to give him another one by saying "Duke Win"). Here are some pics of that...

Here they are all ready to go
The backwards balloon toss

Here come my potato sack racers...
Here they are on the tug of war..
Makenna LOVED this!
Last Saturday was our last soccer game. At the end of each season they get trophies. Here is Lexi with hers. (Makenna is supposed to get her trophy on Thursday). We had a great season and can't wait for next year!!
What is he smiling about???We have started potty training!! He is doing pretty good. Only a couple of accidents but boy can this kid hold it. He goes about 5 hours between potty breaks. I am definitely NOT used to a spray of a boy :) :)
Sometimes to make it work he has to entertain himself. Hey whatever works right?
Little Lexi has told me she is ready for a change. I asked her what change she would like and she said, "My hair needs to be short!" That absolutely amazed me! She is the kid that told me she always wanted hair to her hind end. I kept asking her (for about a week) if she really wanted to and she insisted...
Before:
Four inches later....
Doesn't she look older??? (She did go to kindergarten orientation today. She got to go to a room with her kindergarten teacher while I went to a meeting. Yes, I cried a little as she walked away. My baby girl is going to school July 7th!! I am not quite ready for that.)
Makenna wanted a picture of herself since I was taking pictures. Can you believe she will be in 2nd grade in two months???

2 comments:

Horky Family said...

Do you have all year round schools there...?

The Kulzer's said...

Pretty much. There are a couple of traditional elementary schools, but for the most part everyone is year around until about highschool. I love it! I wouldn't have it any other way!