Monday, July 7, 2008

1st Day of 1st Grade

Makenna is now a first grader. I think she was a little nervous this morning. She is now going to a new school, so there was so much for her to learn. We got to meet her teacher last week and she seems nice. Her name is Ms. Hughes and they have an assistant teacher Mrs. Bradshaw (she is from the Ukraine and has a cool accent).

I bought Makenna a nice dress for the first day of school, but we went shopping with Aunt Tammi while we were in NY and bought some other outfits. There was an outfit she absolutely loved, and felt pretty in. She really wanted to wear that outfit instead of the dress. I tired to talk her into wearing the dress and I said, "Makenna, don't you want to wear a dress? A lot of girls wear dresses the first day of school." She looked right at me with a straight face and said, "I don't." So that was the end of that.

So here are some first day pictures. She had a lot of poses in mind, so here are two she liked...


Here she is in the hallway of her new school..



And finally, she is back home. She likes the school bus this time because a friend from the neighborhood gets to ride it with her...




1 comment:

lisaqshay said...

Aw! How adorable! I love the animal print she has going on. Loved the outfit. Very stylish...